The building was purchased by Miss Margaret Glyn to become her music room, housing a valuable collection of antique musical instruments amassed by her and her brothers Arthur and Gervis. From 1922 until the early 1950s it was the venue for regular music soirees, many of the concerts featuring well-known artists.
Above the bookcase in the meeting room is a carved oak plaque with the date 1922, commemorating the opening as music rooms. The music room had until then occupied the building to the left in the Rectory (Glyn House) grounds. To the right and above the entrance door of the church is the Glyn coat of arms carved for the present Rectory completed in 1838 and moved here after the death of Sir Gervas Glyn, when the entrance to Glyn House was reconstructed on the present frontage and the new coat of arms carved in brick.
Built into the path approaching the Church from the street is a mill stone, reputedly from the Ewell powder mill, which ceased to function in 1875.
The Church of St Michael inaugurated in the mid-1950s, occupies a site which until the early 1900s had operated as a malting house recorded from around the middle of the 17th century. For a short while the predecessor building housed The George public house during the latter part of the 18th century and the first few years of the 19th.
The old wooden building was purchased around 1820 by the Stone family, maltsters, corn and seed chandlers, re-built in brick and the present forward section of the building constructed. It operated in its traditional malt house role for almost a century, the latter few years as storage for grain and seed merchandising. The main part of the building incorporates oak panelling from a later source.