St Michael’s is a special, sacred place and as such we need to maintain its atmosphere to an appropriately high standard. We therefore ask that your activities within St Michael’s are appropriate to this sacred space.
The Trustees exercise the right to participate in any of the events held at St Michael’s.
Please read the Fire Safety instructions (on the wall) to your participants before starting your session. The main Fire Exit is the front door.
There is a First Aid Box in the downstairs cloakroom.
Trustee telephone numbers are listed in the entrance hall.
If you need to leave an urgent or important message regarding your event, please telephone the mobile phone number on our website contact page.
Any damage needs to be reported to the trustees immediately.
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE TRUSTEES HAVE ACCESS TO THE BUILDING AT ALL TIMES.
KEYS SHOULD NOT TO BE LEFT IN THE LOCK, BUT HUNG ON THE HOOK NEXT TO THE LOCK.
The Sanctuary Main Hall
- Please remove shoes whenever possible before entering Main Hall.
- Coats and large bags should be left in the cloakroom.
- Please ensure all mobile phones are switched off or on silent mode while in the building.
- No food or drink is allowed in Main Hall except for water.
- Items for sale, such as books, crystals etc, to take place only in the reception area.
- Only tea lights in glass containers may be used but never on the floor.
- Do not leave tea lights burning if the Main Hall is empty.
- Full responsibility lies with the facilitator.
- All chairs taken from the upstairs Meeting room must be returned upstairs.
- If you move any furniture, please ensure it is returned to where it was originally found.
- Chairs need to be stacked 3 high against left hand wall but not in front of radiators.
IF WAX IS SPILLED PLEASE ENSURE IT IS CLEANED UP BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
- If used, please ensure that it is left clean and tidy and the fridge clear of food.
- All crockery and glasses need to be washed and dried and returned to the cupboards.
- We do not supply any refreshments except for tap water.
- All other refreshments need to be provided by the facilitator.
- Please empty the bins, recycling as appropriate.
- Please ensure all lights are out.
No parking is allowed on the front path or in front of the main gates. This is to be left clear for Emergency Services access.
There is only one parking space available and this is to the right, just behind the garage.
There are several car parks within walking distance in Ewell Village.
On Leaving St Michael’s
- At the end of your day, we ask that the facilitators close down the energies in The Sanctuary and return them to normal.
- Please ensure the building is left clean and tidy and that bins are emptied and rubbish recycled appropriately.
- There are cleaning tools in the cupboard under the stairs, and washing up tools in the kitchen and downstairs washroom.
- All lighting and hot water switches need to be turned off and the windows and front door securely closed and locked. Please use BOTH keys in the front door.
Consideration of Others
The premises around St Michael’s are residential and therefore we ask that noise be kept to a minimum and the building and grounds vacated quietly by 10.00 pm at the latest.
Advertising is your responsibility and not that of St Michael’s.
However, if you supply printed copies, we will be happy to place one A4 poster and several A5 flyers in the entrance hall to advertise your event. We are also happy for you to include details on the website; please let us know in plenty of time.
Once you have booked, a copy of the full terms and conditions will be given to you to read. Please keep this copy for future reference.
If you agree to them, you will be asked to sign 2 disclaimer forms, one for you to keep and one for the trustees.